Shipping Cost

Forums Wholesale Discussion Shipping Cost

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Melvian 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Topic
  • Replies
  • The Top
    Buyer

The best way, I think is to call your carrier and negotiate with them for a better rate. They will review your annual shipping value and decide your new rate.

Also I think is good to use a 3rd party insurance which is way cheaper.

• Softone
      Buyer

I agree with you. Depending the volume that you ship every month, small business shipping rates can be negotiated. The more you ship, the more leverage you will have when negotiating for a lower rate. But don’t assume you’re too small to qualify for special rates or discounts.

• Melvian
    Buyer

Use multiple carriers. USPS will always be cheaper than Fedex or UPS.

But sometimes UPS is cheaper depending on the are that you are sending to

• Melvian
      Buyer

But sometimes UPS is cheaper depending on the area that you are sending to

• Softone
    Buyer

The best advice I can give is to compare each alternative. Each service offers different programs for shipping for small business and the best way to get what you need is to call and speak with a small business shipping consultant.

• Audrey Boutique
    Buyer

I offer free shipping and build shipping into the price of the product.

Depending on what you’re selling, you want to make sure you’re still keeping your prices competitive, but this is a great way to offset some of your shipping costs while still keeping that shipping price ‘low’ or ‘free’ for your customers

• Nati Boutique
    Buyer

I think the that the biggest factor you can change is your packaging.

It’s really easy to buy or get packaging that is a little bit bigger than what you’re actually sending, like if you’re using a box when you could be using a poly mailer, or even a padded envelope if you need a little bit more protection. Your shipping cost is dependent on the size of the package and the weight of the package. Cardboard is heavy, and anywhere you can trim down weight will help you win over time

If you are paying for your packagings, make sure to ask your carrier for giveaway free packaging. USPS has poly mailers and boxes that they just give away for free. They’re for specific mail classes, and sizes, but it’s worth taking a look to see what you can get for free.

• mondok
    Buyer

Carriers increase their rates every year.  I would highly recommend to pay attention every year.

• Melvian
    Buyer

Consider prepaid shipping, which offers a discount rate of up to 20 percent. This means you buy a quantity of shipping labels upfront and affix them to packages as needed rather than pay for each package when you send it out. Prepaid shipping works best when you know you’ll be sending out the same weight packages repeatedly and can determine the shipping cost in advance

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.